J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd warrant that on the day of purchase, and for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase, the Product shall be free from any defect in the raw material used to make the Product.
The warranty is automatically registered upon installation of the product. J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd requests that the customer retains their original invoice with this warranty as proof of purchase in the unlikely event that the customer needs to make a claim. Warranty cover will not be provided if the customer is unable to provide valid proof of purchase to the satisfaction of J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd.
This warranty is transferable within the ten (10) year warranty period provided that the consent of J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd is obtained by the new purchaser (or ‘assignee’) of the Product. The new purchaser (or ‘assignee’) of the Product may be asked to complete a registration transfer form in order to evidence that the warranty has been transferred.
The Granite warranty is only applicable to products manufactured by J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd in England, Scotland and Wales. The Granite ten (10) year warranty
cover is provided to the customer subject to, and in accordance with, the following timescales relating to when a claim is made by the customer and the responsibility of J.Rotherham Masonry Ltd under the warranty:
Year 1-3: 100% of material and labour (at cost) is covered; Year 4-6: 75% of material and 50% of labour (at cost) is covered;
Year 7-9: 50% of material and 25% of labour (at cost) is covered;
Year 10: 25% of material and 0% of labour (at cost) is covered.
In the event that the customer has a valid warranty claim, J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd will, at its discretion, either repair or replace any section or sections of the Product that are defective in accordance with the conditions of this warranty.
Where a section or sections of the Product is replaced by J Rotherham Masonry Ltd, reasonable endeavours will be used to obtain a good match in relation to the colour and thickness of the Product originally purchased by the customer however, this cannot be guaranteed.
Where a colour has been discontinued from the J Rotherham Masonry Ltd range, it shall be substituted by the most similar colour available from those ranges available at J Rotherham Masonry Ltd at that time.
The warranty covers Granite kitchen work surfaces that have been permanently installed in the customer’s home for domestic purposes only.
The warranty is subject to strict observance by the customer of the Care and Maintenance Guidelines supplied by J. Rothehram. In order for a warranty claim to be valid, the customer must make a claim within 30 days of the defect in the material becoming apparent to the customer.
The warranty does not cover:
- Products that are used by the customer as flooring, external or internal cladding, vanities, for any commercial use or for any domestic use other than as a kitchen worktop.
- Any fault, defect, or damage arising from the fabrication, installation, fitting, modification or manipulation of the product by J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd or any third party.
- Any fault, defect or damage resulting from thermal impact or chemical treatment not recommended in the Care and Maintenance Guidelines or any aggressive or improper treatment of the Product that may result in chipping, cracking or impact damage (this is a non-exhaustive list).
- Any faults or defects in the product arising as a result of fair wear and tear or neglect.
- Any fault, defect, or damage arising from improper use of the Product. This includes (but is not limited to) using the Product in a way that it is not intended to be used for, using the Product in a way that does not benefit its technical specifications.
- Any other loss, cost, claim or damages that are suffered by the customer except for those losses which arise as a foreseeable consequence of the defect in the Product.
- Any differences between promotional material including samples, photographs, displays etc and the Product purchased.
- Any claim made more than 30 days after a defect in the material has become apparent to the customer.
- Products that have not been paid for in full by the customer.
Nothing in this warranty will reduce the customer’s statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. Further information can be found at Trading Standards or the Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
Making a Claim
If you believe your Granite product has a defect and would like to file a claim in accordance with this warranty please contact J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd Customer Service either by email, phone or post:
J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd, The Old Airfield, Holme Industrial Estate, Skiff Lane, Holme-on-Spalding Moor, York, YO43 4BB
(e) [email protected]
(t) 01430 861047
J. Rotherham Masonry Ltd shall verify the claim and if a defect in the material has occurred, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this warranty, will, at its discretion, either repair or replace the section or sections of the defective product.